I felt really sad when I learned this evening that I have been letting myself get too wrapped up in things here. While we caught up on the phone tonight, Sara has to finally share something I didn't want to hear. Every time we have called, I have been too eager to share what I was up to, and made her feel as of she had to wait her turn to tell me about her and the kids.
As husband and father I need to focus on supporting my wife especially when she has had such a challenging week. I feel guilty that my first words were never, "How are you? How are the kids?" I had a chance on the flight over here to read more of one of our autism books, but I didn't take advantage of the opportunity.
I regret my selfish actions and hope Incan rise back up to be a truly loving father and husband.
You ARE a truly loving father and husband! Don't ever doubt that. It's just been a rough week for both of us and I imagine it's easy to be distracted from everything when you're away. I understand that. It has been overwhelming and just hard without you here. It will be so much better to have you home so we can face these challenges together. I love you!
ReplyDelete